Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Martini FAQ

Are you martini curious? Have you ever wondered:

1.1 What is a Martini?
2.1 Shaken or stirred?
2.10 If I order a Martini, and am expeting to get a gin drink, but it's made with vodka (or vice versa), is it appropriate to send the drink back?
3.2 Why is it called a "Martini"?
4.4 Who said "I must get out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini."?
4.5 Who wrote the poem starting with "I like to have a Martini"?
4.9 Who said "A man must defend his home, his wife, his children and his Martini."?

The Martini FAQ by Brad Gadberry answers all these questions and many more

Via

2 comments:

  1. I know people can be extremely fussy about their martinis.
    Reading this very extensive article...I can't imagine making martinis for this crowd...daunting.
    I would definitely fail at the precision needed for the lemon twist.
    The best part...the Dorothy Parker quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Nag likes to drink an ice cold blast of vodka, no twist, no lemon, no vermouth. He calls it a martini because it's served in a martini glass.

    ReplyDelete