100 Worlds Project | Sculptures by Ron Miriello


100 Worlds Project is an exhibition of globe-inspired sculptures made by Ron Miriello, in collaboration with a community of craftsmen, makers, photographers and amici.
A 1950s aerospace caliper transformed into a globe armature in the hands of a talented metalsmith. 
When welder Seth Collins offered me his worn saw blade he said, “ I think there’s one of your worlds wound up tight in here.”
Why had I been keeping a Canadian 5-pin bowling ball, a plumb bob and a gear chase I found at the Black Hole in New Mexico? 

Link - Via Fubiz

Comments

  1. Sorry to be pedantic, but that first picture is not a caliper, it's a micrometer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caliper, schmaliper. This caption is from the artist's site. I am in no way responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I wasn't blaming you, I read his site. Being an artist is no excuse for him spreading misinformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's so much misinformation circulating on blogs. I tend to be too trusting about subjects I don't know much about. Unfortunately that would mean most things I post about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter