The 10 best fictional hangovers

New Years Eve is drawing nigh. Take a gander at these monumental hangovers of music, film and literature and you will surely be dissuaded from over-imbibing on the festive eve. The scene below from the movie Withnail and I (a favourite of mine) captures the agony of the morning after:


Withnail and I
by Bruce Robinson
Among the metaphysical insights from Withnail and Marwood (the “I” of the title) as they drift into the “arena of the unwell”, are “Oh God, I don’t feel good. Look, my thumbs have gone weird! My heart’s beating like a fucked clock! I feel dreadful, I feel really dreadful,” to which Withnail responds, “So do I, so does everybody. Look at my tongue; it’s wearing a yellow sock.” Of Withnail’s other measured contributions, even including the haughty demand that “There must and there shall be aspirin!”, the one that lingers is the succinct “I feel like a pig shat in my head”

More nasty hangovers here

Comments

Statcounter