Don't link to the Globe and Mail unless you want to be accused of copyright infringement

Does anyone know why Blogger would send me this take down message about a Globe and Mail link I posted 3 years ago? I attributed the link and it was from a frickin' newspaper.
Blogger has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that certain content in your blog is alleged to infringe upon the copyrights of others. As a result, we have reset the post(s) to "draft" status. (If we did not do so, we would be subject to a claim of copyright infringement, regardless of its merits. The URL(s) of the allegedly infringing post(s) may be found at the end of this message.) This means your post - and any images, links or other content - is not gone. You may edit the post to remove the offending content and republish, at which point the post in question will be visible to your readers again.

Comments

  1. I read your blog regularly but haven’t commented in ages.

    I’m not using my regular sign-in with my avatar at the moment as my comments keep disappearing since Google shut down my blog for a few days last week without warning. AND my Gmail account was disabled at the same time.

    No explanation was given.

    However, thanks to the heroic efforts of my readers who wrote in to a Google help forum, my blog was restored as was my Gmail account.

    Google sent me an apology but no explanation.

    Now we’re hoping my comments will come back. All my comments from everywhere I’ve ever left a comment have been wiped out. Gone.

    Before you click on my blog, be cautioned that it’s NSFW.

    That may have been an issue with them. But it could easily have been the issue you experienced. Or something else that got them all worked up. Who knows?

    p.s. My Friday, June 18th post is a long post thanking all those readers who supported me when my blog was removed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly wasn't NSFW. It was a flipping martini recipe I posted 3 years ago! I link to newspapers all the time. I don't get it.
    At least I haven't been shut down - that would piss me off.
    Good to see you again, MJ. I've missed your striped socks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've linked to the Globe too. Now I have to watch my back???! Argh. Frustrating. Can't believe MJ's story!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe they don't have better things to do than to mess me around. Talk about a trivial pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I won't be popping by much over the next couple of months as I will soon be on hiatus.

    But I read your posts in my Google Reader on a regular basis.

    See you in September.

    I hope to find my stripey tights again by that time.

    My comments using my usual avatar are still disappearing.

    p.s. Just hours after my blog disappearance, the blog of one of my readers disappeared too. Her blog was eventually restored but she's lost all her comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy hiatus, MJ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been considering Wordpress and may end up there eventually. I'm using it over at Neatorama. Blogger has a couple of features I prefer so I'm still trying to make up my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter