Sunday, April 25, 2010

A new collection

I am a collector. I collect tiny liqueur glasses, Waterford whiskey glasses, depression glass, Inuit sculpture, Staffordshire dogs, Victorian watercolours.... Now I have three charming old dog photos and I think I want more.

A hand coloured photo of a collie

An Irish setter. He looks dark in the photo but the little thing in the lower right hand corner is a lock of red dog hair.

I got this little doxie yesterday. There are 3 first place prize ribbons from the H & W Kennel Club dated 1922 enclosed with the photo.

4 comments:

  1. I collect boxes, the smaller the better and it must have a lid to open.
    I have a collection of beer mats, matchbooks (don't see them very often now), post cards.
    And I also have Waterford crystal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidently we have a whole lot in common,blogging, gardening, cooking, travel and collecting! Are we twins who were separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! The dog in the top photo -- she looks just like my Ruby Sue! May I send you a link to some Flickr photos of her? The resemblance is uncanny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do - I'm a dog lover.

    ReplyDelete