I Was A Ye Ye Girl



Thanks to CCBC for the fantastic link.

Comments

  1. Anyone interested in yé-yé should take a look at Scopitones. Therese were sort of music videos played on giant juke boxes in the 60s. They got to be a fairly big deal in France. There are many Scopitone sites (no, I don't have an individual one that I can recommend), many are trying to sell stuff but you can usually view a few for free on any site. Yé-yé, Brigette Bardot, Diana Rigg, Johnny Halleyday, lots and lots of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The old Sharpeworld blog used to post Scopitones. The new one doesn't.
    Last year I posted about the Quebec yé-yé scene:
    http://nagonthelake.blogspot.com/2008/06/proustian-remembrance-of-la-musique.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I do dimly recall that post.

    I used to find Scopitones on bedazzled.com but it died. Some of the current Scopitone sites still link to Bedazzled archives that don't open.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter