What do our dreams tell us about ourselves?

I'm hoping not too much. Last night I dreamed I was placing a new bar of soap in the chrome soap dish in our clawfoot bathtub. The old sliver of soap slipped into the water in the tub and I scrambled to fish it out before it turned to mush and created a scummy ring in the tub. Don't wait for the exciting denouement - that was it!
Other folks tell me that they dream about winning a lottery, being abducted by aliens, being licked by wolves or dating Brad Pitt.
Alas no George Clooney, nor even George Bush for me. Just a sliver of gooey soap to keep me company at night. Once, in my early teen years, I had a rather pleasant dream about Peter Tork and it moved him ahead of Davey Jones in the oh-so-important Nag's Favourite Monkee ratings. I still have fond memories of that one...

Comments

Statcounter