Riddle me this...

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow. In truth my life has been an unending social whirl since leaving work last week, luncheons, dinners, weddings... It's a good thing I'm retired cause I no longer have time to work. Also referring to me as "my wife, the retiree" makes Mr. Nag feel young, or at least younger than me (which he is not). I was determined not to buy a new dress for this event despite the fact that I am still grasso from all the buon alimento ingested on my trip to Sicily in April. If I have to squeeze myself into an outfit with a shoehorn then by god I'll do it rather than spend money on something I'll likely never wear again since I plan to lose all that weight really soon (don't smirk). I pulled two dresses from the nether regions of my closet - two pretty floral patterned ones bought at the Ralph Lauren outlet at deep discount long ago. Which was the best fit? Why the size 4 assymetrical hem beauty! The size 8 sheath was uncomfortably tight. What's up with that? Tell me why a a size 8 would be so much smaller than a size 4 by the same designer. The last time I was a size 4 was in 1991 when, after a serious illness, I weighed 89 pounds. I must have bought this dress in a fit of optimism or more likely couldn't pass up a bargain, fit be damned. Do you reckon this bizarre reverse sizing is an effort by the ever compassionate fashion industry to make rounder folk feel better about themselves? Yeah right.

Comments

Statcounter