Ontario's Bottle Return/Interrogation Centre

Ontarians now pay more for wine and liquor and get a refund when they return their bottles to the beer store. The aim of the new program is to keep as many as 80 million bottles and containers a year out of landfills. Sounds like a good idea, right?
Mr. Nag returned a bunch of wine bottles to a local pizza business which is handling returns because our community doesn't have a beer store.
The proprietor of the business gave him the third degree about when he bought the wine, "Did you buy all those this week?" Like who died and made him the new temperance god?
Mr. Nag answered "Well yeah.'" but he assures me that his tone implied, "Wanna make something of it, punk?"
If I were Mr. Nag I would have responded, " I didn't buy them for myself, honest. I bought them for my wife who's a hopeless alcoholic. It's her medicine; she needs it to prevent the dt's. I promise I won't do it again, mister."I would then have broken into loud, snotty, hacking sobs guaranteed to make potential pizza customers run for the nearest exit. That'd teach him to keep his nosey questions to himself.
Next time we're taking those empties to a beer store in another town where no one knows us. Perhaps we'll split them up and take them to various beer stores throughout the Niagara Peninsula. Or maybe we'll just put them in with our regular garbage and let them go to the bloody landfill and forget about the lousy $1.20 refund.

Comments

Statcounter