Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hospital staff accused of killing patients after Katrina struck

I think these health care workers did what anyone with a shred of humanity would have done. I read about similar incidents at the time and I thought seriously about the moral dilemma these hospital staff were facing. They could have abandoned their patients and they did not. They could have let them suffer under excruciating circumstances and they chose not to do so. I am thankful that I have never had a decision like this forced upon me.
A doctor and two nurses have been charged with deliberately killing patients stranded in a New Orleans hospital after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the city.
Cut off by the floodwaters, lacking food, water and electricity, and enduring temperatures approaching 38C (100F), staff at the New Orleans Memorial
medical centre ended the lives of several patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment