Flower power, love-ins - and lies


I sure looked like a hippie - a hippie stoned on Maui Wowie. This photo was taken with a groovy Polaroid Swinger ( Polaroid / 1968 : It's more than a camera, it's almost alive. It's only nineteen dollars and ninety-five!), thus the deteriorated quality. Actually the photo has aged more gracefully than I have.
No generational gazumping for me - if anything I try to minimize the peccadilloes of my youth.

Parents who have been trying to impress their children have resorted to exaggeration and outright lies over what they did during the flower power decade. Claims of liberated teenage years at love-ins and being at live Beatles gigs have led to the coining of a new phrase - generational gazumping - to describe 50-somethings desperately trying to appear cool.

Comments

Statcounter