Wednesday, February 08, 2006

City Of Light Here I Come

I'm gearing up for Paris even though we're not leaving til May. Our apartment is booked (near la Madeleine, 8th floor, wraparound balcony, great views). We've stayed there in the past and it's comfortable, inexpensive and allows us to stretch out a bit.
What will I do there? The Paris Ile de France site makes it easy to plan. You simply plug in your dates and your interests and, voila, the site helps you tailor an itinerary. Among other things I plan to take in are the Ingres exhibit at the Louvre, Picasso and Dora Maar at the Picasso Museum, Cezanne and Pissaro at the d'Orsay, Fêtes du Bassin de La Villette, Salon Saveurs des Plaisirs Gourmands, an Almodovar exhibition, Salon Antiquités Brocante de la Bastille and about twenty other events and attractions. Maybe even a lunch hour cooking class. Somehow I'll also manage to squeeze in a whole lot of eating (Le Petit Zinc, the terrace at the Jacquemart-Andree, Polidor) and, bien sur, wine drinking. It's a challenge, but I think I'm up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment