Looks like everyone else in town wanted this as well. When my friends and I arrived at the enormous theatre it was sold out and people were being turned away. However Judy worked her magic and scored 3 tickets and we were in! Capote was not what I expected. I thought it was going to be more of a biography including all his bitchy high society stuff. It wasn't. The film focuses on the period during which Truman Capote wrote In Cold Blood. When I was a girl I read the Life magazine article on Truman and the Clutter murders. I remember the photos of the murderers and the uncanny physical resemblance of the actors who played them in the movie. I read the book and saw the movie and, being young, this story had a great impact on me. Capote was incredibly moving and well acted, definitely Oscar bait. I'm so glad I was able to see it.

Comments

Statcounter