It's Over


We had our big event of the year today at Willowbank. The weather couldn't have been better. Our advance ticket sales were very good and we had $24,000 in sponsorships going in. We sold a lot of tickets at the door, had a quality silent auction, the catered Italian food was delicious and priced right and 10% of our net proceeds are going to Hurricane Katrina relief. I'm not a big fan of the Dixieland stuff but Peter Appleyard and John Sherwood made some terrific mellow music at the end of the day. We made a lot of money for Willowbank and people had a great time. I've had parties at my house where the cleanup was more difficult. We had a terrific committee who worked really long hours. We had dedicated volunteers who helped out on the day before and day of. I put in a lot of hours but only feel exhausted today after 11 hours. Mr. Nag worked his little heart out, too. I can always count on him to fill in when I need him. Even Baby Nag is helping - he drove back to Queenston to padlock the gates after the sound guys left. I need a good night's sleep but might not get it cause Katie's not doing too well (I won't describe the symptoms but they are serious and disturbing) and needs to get up in the night. This is definitely the last roundup for her.

Comments

Statcounter