Pop-Tarts Ranked



When Kellogg's Pop-Tarts debuted in 1964 my mother did not consider them to be a healthy way to start the day and our breakfast table was devoid of these sugar filled toaster pastries so I can't claim to be an expert. Of the few I tasted I liked the Unfrosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon flavour best.

Adam Lapetina ate and ranked 27 different types of Pop-Tarts: all the ones that are on the market today plus two seasonal varieties - and lived to tell the tale. He rated my favourite flavour dead last.

27. Unfrosted Brown Sugar CinnamonI’m going to start this off with an admission that will color some of my other reviews: I’ve always thought cinnamon was a bit boring. To utilize a hip, timely cultural reference, if given the choice between chocolate babka and a cinnamon babka, I will not choose the lesser. Still, I know a lot of people who swear by Brown Sugar Cinnamon. I’m sure they would probably also agree that frosting adds a lot to a Pop-Tart -- it’s something interesting to look at. This doesn’t have a lot going on. It feels naked, unfinished. There are greater Pop-Tarts to come.


See all the flavours: Thrillist 

Comments

Statcounter