Wednesday, August 28, 2013
On Saturday night a patron at the Downtown Hotel in Dawson City deliberately swallowed the severed toe in the establishment's trademark Sourtoe Cocktail. The man, a card-carrying member of the Sourtoe Cocktail Club, drank the cocktail, swallowed the toe, put $500 on the table and left. To gain full membership in the club people agree to abide by the club rules, including a $500 fine if the toe is ingested.
(In case you're wondering, people donate toes lost in accidents or through illness, or have stipulated in their wills that they want a toe or toes donated to the bar.)
More at The Globe and Mail
More disgusting Canadian food in the news:
Maple bacon jam identified as culprit in CNE Cronut burger illnesses