Strolling around New York on Saturday

There is nothing I like better than to wander aimlessly on a beautiful sunny day.
Bought a couple of things at the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market - the Mao poster below and a French enameled address plate for the front door.







We strolled down to the Bleecker St. Festival where I found a copy of Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach for a rock bottom price. Had a lovely Italian brunch with Bloody Marys at Grano in the Village (recommended by a fireman brother of Mr. Nag) then listened to some excellent jazz at Washington Square. I fell in love with the eclectic vintage decor at ABC Home; it felt like heaven to me. We also hit the Green Market at Union Square but it was a real zoo and we rushed right through - I loved the bouquets of peonies they were selling there.

We trundled back to the apartment to change shoes and chug a screwdriver then off to wander around the Chelsea Art Galleries and along the Hudson. Mr. Nag showed me the NYC fireboat where he stayed when he attended firefighters' funerals after 911.

We circled back through Tribeca and then absorbed a little bit of the action at the clubs in the Meatpacking District. Then home via the Chelsea Historic District with its lovely row houses. No fancy dinner out - too tired. Got a takeout pizza and had it with a good bottle of wine while watching Bette Davis in The Letter. That, my friends, was my idea of the perfect day.

Comments

  1. Diane M.11:39 am

    I would enjoy a trip with you, Nag. We like to do the same things - no flashy shows for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:23 am

    My idea of a perfect day as well! Your feet must have been sore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter