Friday, May 01, 2009

Sand painting in chelsea

I'll be staying in Chelsea in June. Too bad this art will just be dust in the wind by then.

I was walking around Chelsea today with my friend Michale when we saw Wayne Coe on 22nd st, across the street from the Chelsea Museum, sand painting on the sidewalk. It was sort of windy but the sand he's using is a heavy sort (the one they spray on buildings) so it wasn't flying away, but it's obviously ephemeral, it will probably be completely gone by tomorrow.

juliettemerck.blog: sand painting in chelsea
Via

4 comments:

  1. Hey! thank you for the reference! Love seeing my post on other blogs.
    Not to worry, there's plenty more to see in Chelsea, enough for a full week of blogging.
    You can check out my earlier posts about the Chelsea galleries for inspiration:
    http://juliettemerck.blogspot.com/search/label/art

    Cheers!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use his painting as a stencil -- spray some paint over the top of it, letting it drift into place. Wait an hour, and sweep away the sand. Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Juliette. I'm looking forward to a mini vacation in NYC and plan to refer to your blog.

    ReplyDelete