Thinking of flying Zoom? Think again.

I received a call from Zoom airlines today bumping our trip to Paris ahead two full days. We'd set our dates based on the availability of the apartment we stay at near The Madeleine and other reasons so the date change was entirely unacceptable. Luckily we were able to book with another airline but will end up paying more. Zoom is happy because when they consolidate flights they count on a certain number of cancellations. I'm sure that, like us, most people have set itineraries based on their jobs, events they plan to attend, etc. and have schedules that are less than flexible. We were regular Zoom customers, having flown with them 3 times in the past. Now that they fly to Rome we were going to book a flight with them next April. Not now.

(It's my blog and I can rant if I want to.)

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:07 pm

    Obviously they don't care a rat's ass for their customers. I used them to fly to England last year and was not impressed.I hope they're giving you a full refund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was quick! I just posted this a minute ago. Yes, we are getting a full refund and were able to get a flight on another airline that allows us to return a day earlier so we won't have to get a hotel for the last night when our apartment is unavailable. So it's not a disaster, although it might have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:41 pm

    you shouldn't complain so much it worked out for you in the end, life could be worse

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with how much worse my life could be. It might not work out for someone else. That's why I posted this. And as I said, it's my blog and I can rant if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:01 am

    They did it to me too! I have a wedding to go to and had to pay a fortune for a flight that would get me there. I won't book a flight with them again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's quite odd is that I just checked the Zoom site and they are still selling tickets on the September 23 flight that they said was canceled.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter