A Tiny Hand Out


Ornamental Thoughtfulness is an installation of  tiny bronze hands in public places throughout central Wellington in New Zealand by artist and educator Mary Whalley.

The purpose of these hands is to hold offerings, small gestures of thoughtfulness to whomever notices. These offerings are meant to engage passers with anonymous tokens of generosity. A silent act of kindness that the artist hopes will create a butterfly effect of positivity or at the least, interrupt the everyday mundane with anonymous kindness and memorable beauty.

Video by Vibol Moeung of Foxtree Studio

Via Organic Green Roots

Comments

  1. I just love this...what a beautiful idea.
    I would love to see this here.
    I only wish I wasn't overcome with thoughts about what nasty things some people would leave...or just stealing those lovely little hands.
    T'is the world we live in...wish I wasn't so jaded.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter