Where plastic ends up


I listened to a program about this on CBC yesterday. I've also heard about the enormous amounts of plastic garbage that climbers leave behind on Mt. Everest. Mr. Nag and Nag Jr. recently travelled to a remote area of the Argentinian Andes and saw plastic bags blowing around many hours from civilization. I'm ashamed.

In a shocking series of photographs, Seattle-based Chris Jordan has documented the impact that an abundance of plastic waste in the Pacific ocean has had on the albatross population...

Jordan's latest project, Midway: Message from the Gyre, simply shows a series of dead albatross chicks. But as each one decomposes, it offers up a vivid indication of what actually lead to its death: a diet of discarded plastic waste.

Read more at Creative Review

Comments

  1. Was reading J-Walk Blog and saw one of the photos, came here then to the article.
    I will post this on my blog in the near future. (Will refer to you and the article.)
    Just a shame what we are doing to our oceans...and our earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sickens me. More can be done but we've all got to push more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ClizBiz. I really appreciate your support and your comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter