Sunday, November 23, 2008

From my cell I scent the reeking soul of US justice

The Times Online published this article by the incomparably egocentric Conrad Black that, at first read, I took for parody:
Many of the other co-residents are quite interesting and affable, often in a Damon Runyon way, and the regime is not uncivilised. In eight months here there has not been the slightest unpleasantness with anyone. It is a little like going back to boarding school, which I somewhat enjoyed nearly 50 years ago (before being expelled for insubordination) and is a sharp change of pace after 16 years as chairman of The Daily Telegraph. I can report that a change is not always as good as a rest.

However, apart from missing the constant companionship of my magnificent wife Barbara, who visits me once, twice or even three times each week and lives nearby in our Florida home with her splendid Hungarian dogs, I enjoy some aspects of my status as a victim of the American prosecutocracy. More

I despise him (perhaps irrationally) and hope he rots in his prison/boarding school.

No comments:

Post a Comment