Smoking Etiquette Posters

Japan Tobacco's 'Smoking Manners for Adults' Ads

Japan Tobacco finds itself in a bind. Like other cigarette makers and distributors, JT is saddled with a product that is at the same time popular and unhealthy. Advertising cigarettes, when it is allowed at all, has to be handled with care and discretion. With their “Smoking Manners for Adults” ads, JT avoids the whole “to smoke or not to smoke” conundrum, focusing instead on ways smokers can lower their profile and not annoy non-smokers.


Here are a couple from this amusing collection. See more here.

Comments

  1. "You looked like you were fleeing a crime."

    In my neck of the woods, they would be. We have a fine for dropping burning materials from cars, because this is a damn desert. Hot engine exhausts have caused brushfires out here.

    Two recent enormous fires here were found to have been deliberately set. It was major news.

    But the smokers can't ^@%#ing be bothered.

    I used to smoke. One place I smoked was Australia. If you drop a cigarette end in Oz, the fine is up to $10k Aussie. If you're a foreigner, automatic deportation is the rule. Residents can expect a jail term.

    Canada needs some flippin' laws with teeth instead of treating potentially lethal conduct as someone's personal privilege.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Metro although a lifetime ago I used to smoke because it looked cool. I finally realized that it would take a lot more than a ciggy hanging out of my mouth to make me look cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter