Christine Sajecki


I discovered artist Christine Sajecki at Uncertain Times. Her work appeals to me in a big way. She uses a technique I haven't heard of before:
Encaustic painting is the 2000+ year old process of painting with melted, pigmented beeswax. It began with ancient Greek shipbuilders, who used beeswax to seal their ships, and eventually added color. From there, the practice travelled to Egypt under Greco-Roman rule, and some work from this period still remains in the form of the Fayoum funerary portraits. These small paintings done on wood were placed over the face of the departed and buried with the mummies.

Comments

  1. Hey, thank you, Ms. Nag! And yes, I highly recommend Johnny Uncertain as a DJ if you ever show your work. Hello and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing me with such beautiful blog fodder. I hope to someday see your work up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Statcounter